Niamh is registered Specialist in Oral Surgery with the Irish Dental Council qualified from Trinity College Dublin in 2000 with 1st class Honours.
She was awarded the Sheldon Friel Prize for achieving first place in the final dental examinations.
Niamh undertook her training in Oral Surgery in the Cork University Dental School and Hospital and the Midwestern Regional Hospital in Limerick.
SPECIALIST ORAL SURGEON
IRISH DENTAL COUNCIL REGISTRATION NUMBER 5600
Specialist List Oral Surgery
Irish Dental Council Registration number 17DS 11
Her practice is limited to Oral Surgery, Implant Dentistry and Conscious Sedation. She is the only Specialist Oral Surgeon working full-time in Sligo.
Fields of Expertise
- Surgical and simple removal of teeth
- Removal of impacted teeth
- Removal of wisdom teeth (third molars)
- Implant surgery
- Bone grafting
- Removal of cysts
- Biopsy procedures in the mouth
- Exposure of canine teeth as part of an orthodontic treatment plan
- Release of tongue tie
- Intravenous sedation
- Treatment under general anesthetic
Full list of treatments available here